Learn To Meditate
GO FROM INNER STRESS TO CALM AND FOCUSED
Do you want to learn to meditate but don’t know where to begin? I’ve made it easy for you with a couple of options. You can arrange a private session for personalized instruction, or sign up for a group workshop.
Learn powerfully, time-tested practices that are simple and easy to do at home to improve your health, calm your mind and build your resilience to stress.
WHETHER YOU ARRANGE FOR A PRIVATE SESSION OR DECIDE TO ATTEND AN UPCOMING WORKSHOP, YOU’LL LEARN…
That there are various ways to meditate. You’ll discover the basics of successful meditation, what meditation is, what it isn’t, experiences you might have, the five essentials of a successful practice, and the many benefits that will unfold for you when you learn to meditate.
The mainstay of the program is a meditation technique that has you focus on your breath and a silent sound, or mantra, that helps you to direct your attention inward and go beyond your thoughts to re-connect with that place of peace. The technique is powerful, yet simple to do.
The session includes:
- An introduction to a meditation practice that is not tied to any religious or spiritual traditions
- Discovering mindfulness in everyday life
- Understanding the effects of stress: how it accumulates and how to release it
- Becoming intimate with the way your mind works: three ways meditation trains you to focus
- Ways in which meditation changes your brain and the findings in neuroplasticity
- Three ingredients for any meditation practice
- The five essentials for a successful meditation
- Easy to use meditation techniques
- Guided meditation and meditation instruction
- How to meditate anywhere and create your own personal practice
- Peace finder practices – what to do when you’re stressed at work or other situations
- Course materials including a guided recording and accountability tool
ARRANGE A PRIVATE ‘LEARN TO MEDITATE’ SESSION
Private sessions are two and a half hours in length with a follow-up session approximately one month later. It is designed to give you the tools and knowledge to establish a meditation practice that is suited to your unique needs and schedule.
You may also arrange a private “learn to meditate” session for a group of friends or family members in the comfort of your own home.
Please contact me if you have questions about these sessions or if you’d like to book one.
UPCOMING ‘LEARN TO MEDITATE’ GROUP WORKSHOP
These three-hour workshops are a fun and interactive way to learn to meditate with a group of people.
Meditation and Mindfulness For The Modern Woman
Are you looking for a way to relax, calm your mind, sleep better, and improve your mood and health?
In this fun workshop, you’ll learn about meditation and mindfulness and how to set up your own simple practice that you can use for the rest of your life. Facilitated by Bev Janisch, certified meditation and mindfulness teacher and the founder of The Compassionate Mind.
Saturday, September 22, 2018
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
1329 8 Ave., SE, Calgary, Alberta